Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sesame Street: Me Want It (But Me Wait)...Appropriate?

And as a follow-up to my chocolate chip cookies post, here's a video of the biggest chocolate chip cookie fan ever:





I'm not sure how appropriate this is for children (the target audience of Sesame Street) to be watching, what with talking about cookies almost like sexual objects of desire (Cookie Monster does have a one-track mind), with the background of club music and puppet dancing, not to mention extremely bad grammar, which is repeated a LOT (me want it!?)...but I guess times are changing, and it does have a good message, teaching kids and grownups alike the importance of "#controlmeself", (or delayed gratification).

And even with all the sexual vibes of the words, Cookie Monster is too cute and fuzzy to transmit any serious questionable intentions...I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment