Saturday, July 13, 2013

Meanings and Musings... of this Blog

Wikipedia defines "blog" as follows:

blog (a contraction of the words web log)[1] is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).

I like how both the discussion and informational values of a "web log" are mentioned here, because the topics I've written about so far and am likely to continue writing about are very open to discussion, and it would be great to know what some of the rest of the world thinks of my ideas. We're all trying to find our ways in the world together, after all, and we've got to live with and learn from each other when we can. 

Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what kind of vibe I want this blog to transmit - in fact, I'm probably not sure what vibe I personally want to transmit at this stage of life either, so I'll probably write a lot about figuring these things out. This will be a web log of one young adult's journey and growth in life, covering many ideas and changing interests. Kind of an internet scrapbook of writing and pictures.

My current (and sometimes clashing) interests include music, food, minimalism, health/fitness, fashion, writing, travel, and philosophy (in terms of the study of knowledge, reality, existence, and how aside from these things and the potential lack of purpose of life, humans interact in general). 

Obviously that covers quite a lot. But I am not looking to specialize this blog right now, so I guess it's more in the "general lifestyle" category at the moment. Or basically, it, like life, is kind of lacking in a specific purpose. But as with everything in life, that can, and probably will, change as new things develop and new discoveries are made. And in any case, like I said in my first-ever post, it's a place for me to write. 

I look forward to the journey, and to sharing a part of it with anyone who happens to drop by - to you, I say, Welcome.



(Which makes this the official "Welcome mat" post of this blog, I guess!)


No comments:

Post a Comment